- In 2016, I decided to concentrate more on my own business and research projects, rather than teach. Consequently, I dropped all my academic affiliations until further notice. My research and training activities are hosted mainly by the Centre for Advanced Research in Management and Applied Ethics.
- For my previous teaching experience, see the dedicated section here.
- April 2018-present | EduTech Expert, Syene Centre for Education.
- November 2015-present | President, Supervising Commission for Romanian Lobby and Advocacy Transparency Registry.
- 2008-present | General Manager, Centre for Advanced Research in Management and Applied Ethics.
• Feb 2013-2015 Visiting Teaching Assistant/Lecturer – ‘Communication Ethics’ | National School for Political and Administrative Sciences, Faculty of Communication & Public Relations
• Oct 2012-Jun 2013 Visiting Lecturer – ‘Business Ethics’ | National School for Political and Administrative Sciences, Faculty of Management
• May 2012-present Ethics & Compliance and Social Responsibility External Consultant | Junior Chamber International Romania
• Jan 2012-Aug 2013 Ethics & Compliance Training Coordinator / Project Coordinator | Transparency International Romania
• Aug-Dec 2011 Ethics & Compliance and Social Responsibility External Consultant | Transparency International Romania
• Aug-Sept 2011 Ethics & Compliance and Social Responsibility External Consultant | Junior Chamber International Romania
• Oct 2010-April 2011 Ethics Management Expert | ‘Cell Therapies in Developing Regenerative Medicine. Strategic Priorities’ Project. Consortium Leader: ‘Victor Babes’ National Institute of Pathology. Organizational Affiliation: Research Center in Applied Ethics, University of Bucharest, Faculty of Philosophy
• Oct 2010-present Visiting Teaching Assistant/Lecturer – ‘Ethics’ & ‘Mass-Media and Public Relations Ethics’ | University of Bucharest, Faculty of Journalism and Communication Sciences
• Apr-Sep 2010 Panel Expert | ‘Ethics and Social Values’ Panel, ‘Quality and Leadership in Romanian Higher Education’ Strategic Project, UEFISCDI
• Sep 2009-May 2010 Business Development Trainer | ‘Knowledge Based Economy’ Project, Ministry of Communications and Information Society. Organizational Affiliation: Siveco Romania
• May-June 2010 ‘Using New Technologies in Education’ Trainer | ‘Education is worthwhile!’ Summer School, Dinu Patriciu Foundation
• Sep 2008-March 2009 External Expert & Trainer – ‘School Development through ICT’ and ‘Business Development through ICT’ | ‘Knowledge Based Economy’ Project, Ministry of Communications and Information Society. Organizational Affiliation: Siveco Romania
• Jan 2007-2012 Ethics & Compliance Senior Consultant, Trainer and Auditor | Smart Solutions & Support, Romania
• Nov 2008-October 2011 Research Fellow | Research Center in Applied Ethics, University of Bucharest, Faculty of Philosophy
• Aug 2006-Jun 2008 Executive Project Manager | CRESSUM Project (Centre for Resources in Social Sciences and Humanities), University of Bucharest
• Aug-Dec 2006 Country Manager | European Education Establishment, Romania
• Oct 2005-June 2007 Teaching Assistant – ‘Ethics,’ and ‘Ethical Theories’ | University of Bucharest, Faculty of Philosophy
• Dec 2004-May 2005 ‘Leonardo da Vinci’ Grant Coordinator | University of Bucharest, Faculty of Philosophy and Fondazione Basso (Roma) and Universitá degli Studi di Roma Tre (Roma)
• May 2004-Nov 2008 Programme Coordinator & Research Fellow | Research Center in Applied Ethics, University of Bucharest, Faculty of Philosophy
• Jul-Sep 2004 Business Ethics Consultant | Junior Achievement Romania
• Oct 2003-June 2008 Tutor, PR Officer and IT Manager | University of Bucharest, Faculty of Philosophy, Distance Learning MA Program in ‘European Studies’
• Oct 2002-June 2004 Teaching Assistant – ‘Ethics,’ and ‘Ethical Theories’ | University of Bucharest, Faculty of Philosophy
• Oct 2002-Sep 2005 Webmaster | University of Bucharest, Faculty of Philosophy
• 2002-2013 | Ph.D., University of Bucharest, Faculty of Philosophy. Doctoral Thesis: “The Concept of Happiness in Aristotle and Thomas Aquinas”
• 2001-2002 | B.A., Universita di Padova, Dipartimento di Filosofia (1st semester of the senior year – ERASMUS Grant)
• 1998-2002 | B.A., University of Bucharest, Faculty of Philosophy. Dissertation: “The Concept of Authority in Medieval Latin Texts”
• 1997-1998 | B.A., “Spiru Haret” University, Department of Philosophy and Journalism (I dropped out after the 1st year in order to enroll at the state university, after passing the entrance exam.)
Grants and Honors
• February-May 2005 | LEONARDO DA VINCI Grant, Fondazione Basso & Universitá degli Studi di Roma Tre, 3 months
• October 2001-February 2002 | ERASMUS Grant, Universitá degli Studi di Padova (Italy)
• September 2001 | ERASMUS-ILPC Grant, Universitá per Stranieri di Siena (Italy)
• October 2000-June 2002 | Scholarship of Merit, University of Bucharest, Faculty of Philosophy, 2 years
• October 1999-June 2000 | Scholarship of Study, University of Bucharest, Faculty of Philosophy, 1 year
• 2010-2013 | National Committee for Bioethics, National Commission of Romanian for UNESCO (CNRB-U) – until its informal dissolution in 2013 due to discontinued financial support from Romanian Government.
• 2008-present | Romanian Society for Analytic Philosophy, non-active member
• 2004-present | Research Centre in Applied Ethics (University of Bucharest), cofounder & non-active member (2004-2011, Executive Director)
• 2002-present | Centre for Medieval Studies (University of Bucharest), cofounder & non-active member
• 2002-2007 | Studia Mediaevalia (a Romanian ad-hoc research group), cofounder & coordinator
Areas of Specialization and Competence
» Applied Ethics
(Business Ethics (including Corporate Social Responsibility/Sustainability); Communication Ethics (including Media, Advertising and Public Relations Ethics); Academic Ethics (with focus on Research Ethics and ethics & compliance management in academic institutions); Research Ethics in Biomedical Research; Moral Consulting)
» Ancient & Medieval Philosophy
(I have two research directions: (i) ancient and medieval morality (Aristotle, Thomas Aquinas et al.), and (ii) medieval problem of knowledge (e.g., the medieval concept of auctoritas, Roger Bacon on scientia universalis). The common point of these two major research directions is the idea of translatio studii, translatio auctoritatis.)
(I have taught various classes in Ethics, both at undergraduate and graduate level. Some classes were focused on the works of Aristotle or a mix of Moral doctrines, others on ethical decision making and moral psychology.)
Current Research Areas
» Ethics & Compliance Management
» Moral Decision Making
» Moral Counseling (in health care institutions, public administration and other types of organisations)
Training, Seminars, Certifications
• Oct 26, 2007 Larry Farrell Seminar: “Getting Entrepreneurial!” (Junior Achievement Romania, Bucharest)
• Sep-Dec 2006 Web-based training for PMP (Element K (online training))
• Sep 2005 IELTS Certification (as part of the Chevening Scholarships Program, British Council)
• Nov 2002 Project Management School (University of Bucharest)
• Sep 2001 Italian Language Certification (as part of an ILPC Grant, Universitá per Stranieri di Siena)
If you need references concerning my expertise and experience, you should write me via the contact form.
Papers, Lectures, Research Projects
To learn more about my publications, visit the “Publications” section. For all my talks given at academic and business events, see the “Talks” section. For current and past research projects, join me in the “Research” section. I remind you that I hold the copyright for all my work and you cannot reprint it without my written permission.