Resumé / Education, Training, Grants
- 2002-2013 | Ph.D., University of Bucharest, Faculty of Philosophy. Doctoral Thesis: “The Concept of Happiness in Aristotle and Thomas Aquinas”.
- 2001-2002 | B.A., Universita di Padova, Dipartimento di Filosofia (1st semester of the senior year – ERASMUS Grant).
- 1998-2002 | B.A., University of Bucharest, Faculty of Philosophy. Dissertation: “The Concept of Authority in Medieval Latin Texts”.
- 1997-1998 | B.A., “Spiru Haret” University, Department of Philosophy and Journalism (I dropped out at the end of the 1st year in order to enrol at the University of Bucharest, a state university, after passing the admission exam.).
1.2. Training, Seminars, and Certifications
- October 2019 | ‘Waste Management’ training program, European Institute of Romania.
- December 2013 | Social Responsibility Manager Certification, JCI Romania.
- Oct 26, 2007 | Larry Farrell Seminar: “Getting Entrepreneurial!” (Junior Achievement Romania, Bucharest).
- Sep-Dec 2006 | Web-based training for PMP (Element K (online training)).
- Sep 2005 | IELTS Certification (as part of the selection process for the Chevening Scholarships Program, British Council).
- Nov 2002 | Project Management School (University of Bucharest).
- Sep 2001 | Italian Language Certification (as part of an ILPC Grant, Universitá per Stranieri di Siena)
1.3. Fellowships, Grants and Honours
- 2010-2011 | Individual Research Grant (15.000 Euro), Dinu Patriciu Foundation, 1 year.
- February-May 2005 | LEONARDO DA VINCI Grant, Fondazione Basso & Universitá degli Studi di Roma Tre, 3 months.
- October 2001-February 2002 | ERASMUS Grant, Universitá degli Studi di Padova (Italy).
- September 2001 | ERASMUS-ILPC Grant, Universitá per Stranieri di Siena (Italy).
- October 2000-June 2002 | Scholarship of Merit, University of Bucharest, Faculty of Philosophy, 2 years.
- October 1999-June 2000 | Scholarship of Study, University of Bucharest, Faculty of Philosophy, 1 year.
1.4. Areas of Specialization and Competence
» Applied Ethics
(Business Ethics (including Ethics & Compliance, Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption, and Corporate Social Responsibility/Sustainability); Communication Ethics (including Mass-Media, Advertising and Public Relations and Public Affairs Ethics); Medical Ethics; Academic Ethics (with focus ethics institutionalization in academic institutions); Research Ethics; Police Ethics)
(I have taught various classes in Ethics, both at undergraduate and graduate level. Some classes were focused on the works of Aristotle or a mix of Moral doctrines, others on ethical decision making and moral psychology.)
» Ancient & Medieval Philosophy
(I have two research directions: (i) ancient and medieval morality (Aristotle, Thomas Aquinas et al.), and (ii) medieval problem of knowledge (e.g., the medieval concept of auctoritas, Roger Bacon on scientia universalis). The common point of these two major research directions is the idea of translatio studii, translatio auctoritatis.)